Mobius CONNECT helps people all over the world, but we know that there will be a large group of people who will not engage with Mobius CONNECT. They may not know it exists, they may be intimidated to share their problems, and they may not be comfortable sharing their thoughts with “strangers”.
On the other hand, if there was a local community, led by local people with passion and experience to share, they would benefit far more. And that is why we created COMMUNITY CONNECT.
COMMUNITY CONNECT groups will:
- Solve problems, learn, and share knowledge and experience within their local community
- Learn with free, managed, awareness training
- Discuss problems and challenges via their private forum
- Conduct meetings (virtual or in-person) in order to:
- Learn, network, and socialize
- Discuss and solve members’ challenges
- Hold a plant-tour to discover how one community members has solved a problem at their site
- Hold mini-expos or conferences to bring a larger group of people together
- Do whatever it takes to make the community strong and make the business safe, competitive, and viable.
A sad reality
Did you know that there are approximately 280,000 manufacturing plants in the United States alone, plus there are power stations, wastewater treatment facilities, ships at sea, and other facilities that all suffer maintenance and operational issues that ultimately result in poor safety and environmental records, and poor financial performance?
Some of those organizations employ people who seek to improve their situation. History tells us that many of those improvement initiatives do not achieve the desired results. Many of those organizations, therefore, are uncompetitive (and dangerous) and risk closure, affecting the employees, their families, and the local community.
Now consider how many organizations there are around the world facing the same dilemma.
The Mobius Institute™ training courses and conferences, and even our free websites centered around Mobius CONNECT, merely scratch the surface. An enormous number of people could benefit from this knowledge, but they don’t.
We want to do something about that.
We believe COMMUNITY CONNECT can make a difference. But we need your help.
What is COMMUNITY CONNECT?
COMMUNITY CONNECT is similar, in concept, to a “local chapter”. The major difference is that Mobius Institute will stand behind the “chapter” to make it successful. We will provide the funding, the technical infrastructure, and all of the support services (yes, real people actually helping) so that the only thing that the community leader and members need to do is share their knowledge and experience.
So many chapters around the world struggle to achieve their goals. They are fortunate to have passionate, generous people leading the chapter, but dealing with membership, websites, virtual meeting tools, communication, meeting organization, budgets, forums, event marketing, meeting organization, and all of the other tasks is like dying a death of a thousand cuts.
Very few chapters around the world succeed.
As a result, their community does not get the support that it needs, and the leadership of the chapters simply become frustrated.
We do not want to make the same mistakes.
Mobius Institute will provide everything necessary to make the local community successful. This includes:
- Free training for members to help them move up the learning curve.
- A website for the community with the best-in-class, integrated tools to make it function effectively:
- Membership management
- Communication tools
- Virtual meeting (e.g. Zoom)
- Event management: notifications, organization, etc.
- Community private the forums
- A feed via the app for notifications
- A team of people, at Mobius Institute, that will help to organize events, create meeting flyers, organize presenters, and more.
- A “playbook” and training to help the community leader get up to speed quickly
Calling all leaders
If you have knowledge that you believe would be beneficial to those organizations, and you have the energy and desire to help them, then we want to help you help them.
How many plants and facilities are within approximately 300 miles or 500 km of your location? Would you be willing to personally reach out to those companies and tell them that you are willing to share advice without charge?
We believe that you will find three types of organizations:
- Some organizations will be frustrated with the current situation and will be relieved to know that a group is forming in their local community that is willing to help them and there is an organization behind the group that will provide the necessary support and educational tools to make the group successful.
- Some organizations will gladly join the group and will acknowledge that they have certain strengths and weaknesses. They will be eager to make improvements where they have weaknesses, and hopefully, they will be equally eager to share their strengths. They will become leaders in your community in specific areas: lubrication, planning and scheduling, vibration analysis, or some other area.
- Sadly, some organizations will be “happy” with the status quo. Hopefully, you will stay in contact, and, at some point, they will see the light and want to get involved.
If you are willing to help your community, we are eager to help you. Remember, the leader does not have to have all the answers. The leader of the community simply needs to step up, be the focal point, and be willing to make the connections between the people who need the advice with the people who have the advice to give.
Calling all managers and practitioners
If you would like to be part of a community, but you are not in a position to lead the community, contact us and we can put you on a “waiting list” until we find a person who is able to lead your community. You may even like to recommend a person in your community who you believe has the right personality and experience.
What do we do next?
We have an FAQ section below that will answer the questions you may have, but when you are ready, visit COMMUNITY CONNECT